The Union for Reform Judaism’s Sports Israel offers teens the opportunity to combine their passion for sport, travel and Judaism in one place: on a once-in-a-lifetime experience in Israel.
Imagine seeing Israel as an athlete, with sports as your backdrop. Imagine a group of teens challenged with the task of teaching young Israeli children how to cradle a lacrosse ball, or on mixed teams with their Israeli peers for a game of baseball, sharing in each other’s culture and learning from their experiences together. Imagine those same teens meeting with influential Israeli athletes, learning from and being inspired by them as mentors in the field. URJ Sports Israel brings like-minded 11th-12th grade athletes together to explore, play, teach, and learn Israel – all through the lens of sports.
2019 Trip Details
|Tentative Dates||June 26 - July 17|
|Early Bird Registration
|Early Bird Registration Deadline
Final Registration Deadline
|January 3, 2019
May 1, 2019
Join the webinar
|Tuesday, October 30
Delve into the world of sports and recreation in our Jewish homeland. Teens will have the opportunity to visit and explore iconic Israeli sites and, with support from professionals, experience them through a lens of sports and recreation.
On our Israel adventure, teens will learn from and play alongside athletes, peers, and others throughout Israel. Play sports you love and are familiar with, and sample new games native to Israel. Dribble, kick, swing, stroke, rappel, glide, hike, and more
Strive to create a better world by engaging with other teens from across Israeli society – Jewish, Arab, Druze, Bedouin, and others – in deepening personal leadership development and having a blast while doing so.
Fill your stomachs with fresh hummus, schnitzel, falafel, and shawarma. The chance to eat, play, travel, learn, and socialize with members of the local communities opens the door for meaningful and honest insights into real Israeli culture.
We’ll share our Sports Israel itinerary in the Fall as details are finalized! See a sample of potential visits below:
SPORTS & RECREATION
- Spend a day practicing at Wingate Institute, Israel’s premiere sports training facility
- Visit Terner Stadium and meet with Beer Sheva’s soccer team – Israel’s national champions
- Explore peace through surfing with a program with HaGal Sheli
- Train with the Jerusalem Lions, Israel’s national championship American Football team
- Sail on the Mediterranean Sea with Etgarim, an organization using sports to assist with rehabilitation
- Scrimmage with HaPoel Galil Elion, Israel’s fan-sponsored basketball team
- Rapel through the Keshet Caves with the IDF Search and Rescue team
- And much, much more!
*Note that all visits are subject to change, and the above are just a sample of potential visits.
- Historic ruins in the Old City of Jerusalem, Western Wall, and City of David
- Masada, Dead Sea, and Bedouin experience in the Negev Desert
- Beaches in Tel Aviv and Independence Hall
- Baha'i Gardens in Haifa
- Israel's biggest waterfall at Banias Nature Reserve
- Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial, Har Herzl, and Machane Yehuda Market in Jerusalem
- The mystical city of Tzfat, beautiful landscape of the Golan Heights, and Sea of Galilee in the north
- And many more
Join our informational webinar on Tuesday, October 30 at 7:00pm EST. At the time of webinar, click the button below to join.