2021 Trip Details
*Sports Israel is not being offered Summer 2021*
Experience Israel with Teens from Across North America!
The Union for Reform Judaism’s Sports Israel offers teens the opportunity to combine their passion for sport, travel and Judaism in one place: on a once-in-a-lifetime experience in Israel.
Train and learn with professional athletes and top-level coaches from across the Israeli sports world. Compete in familiar and new sports alongside Israeli peers, sharing each other’s cultures and growing from your experiences together. Practice skills such as leadership, teamwork, and sportsmanship for your life on and off the field.
NFTY’s professional staff in Israel and North America have designed an exciting itinerary that ensures great fun and adventure, meaningful discovery and the highest standard of safety and security.
SPORTS & RECREATION
- Spend a day practicing at Wingate Institute, Israel’s premiere sports training facility
- Visit Terner Stadium and meet with Beer Sheva’s soccer team – Israel’s national champions
- Explore peace through surfing with a program with HaGal Sheli
- Train with the Jerusalem Lions, Israel’s national championship American Football team
- Sail on the Mediterranean Sea with Etgarim, an organization using sports to assist with rehabilitation
- Scrimmage with HaPoel Galil Elion, Israel’s fan-sponsored basketball team
- Rapel through the Keshet Caves with the IDF Search and Rescue team
- And much, much more!
*Note that all visits are subject to change, and the above are just a sample of potential visits.
- Historic ruins in the Old City of Jerusalem, Western Wall, and City of David
- Masada, Dead Sea, and Bedouin experience in the Negev Desert
- Beaches in Tel Aviv and Independence Hall
- Baha’i Gardens in Haifa
- Israel’s biggest waterfall at Banias Nature Reserve
- Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial, Har Herzl, and Machane Yehuda Market in Jerusalem
- The mystical city of Tzfat, beautiful landscape of the Golan Heights, and Sea of Galilee in the north
- And many more!